Hello! We are the Stimmel Family.
I’m Leah (the mom), Taylor is the dad, and we have three kids. Adilyn (11), Gabriella (10), Paysen or Brother Bear as we call him (8).
We are on a family adventure to broaden our view and strengthen our nest through a grand adventure to see more of our incredible world! This is where we are sharing our travel stories and adventures with friends, family and anyone else who would like to come along.
We were your mostly normal(ish) suburban family, complete with a mortgage, 2 cars and a dog right up until we decided to sell it all, pack our bags and head for a world wide travel adventure for 1 year.
Our goal is to spend about 4 weeks in each country – wandering through United Kingdom, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. We will of course be exploring cultures, foods, and history… But most of all, this adventure is about the history we as parents want to write for our own little family.
Our hope and goals with this trip is to teach our kids (and ourselves)…
- We can do hard things, and we come out better for it.
- Family is the best.
- Education is not confined to classrooms, instead it should be a life long passion.
- Home isn’t about where you live, it’s about how you feel.
- Anything is possible through faith, love, hard-work, courage and help from others.
10 Fun Facts About Us:
- We had never really traveled outside the US before leaving for this trip (unless you count cruise ship ports, but we don’t in this sense).
- Our two youngest (Ella and Paysen) were born in Hawaii on the beautiful island of Oahu. They like to call themselves Hawaiian (I know, it’s so obvious right?) We had the amazing privilege of living in Laie, Hawaii for 3.5 years while attending BYU-Hawaii. That amazing town still holds our poorest (good ol’ student life) and many of our happiest memories!
- Taylor and I have been married for 15 years. After our first date, I saw my girlfriends later that night and told them, ‘that’s the guy I’m going to marry’. Six months later we did cause when you know, you know.
- We are total foodies. We love cooking, eating, and exploring new cuisine. The kids are usually up for anything, just a few tastes they’ve tried include frog legs, raw oysters, escargot, beef carpaccio (raw steak), and so much more.
- I (Leah) am a virtual success strategist for Creative Entrepreneurs, I will continue to help creatives thrive in their businesses as we travel. Running my little company from home over the past 8 years has made it so that our home can be anywhere for these next 12 months, and we feel so insanely blessed because of it.
- Taylor is a DC (Doctor of Chiropractic) but for this year he is ‘Professor Dad’ as he is in charge of the kid’s education.
- We used to own a Christmas Tree Farm is Hockinson, WA. (on the Washington/Oregon Boarder) and no, we know nothing about farming! We loved it there but ultimatly decided to move back closer to home in 2014 after being away for about 8 years. (Apparently we got a little restless as we are now off again, but this time with a much sooner return date).
- If you talk to Taylor for any more than 10 minutes, beware – Spartan Races will come up! They are a huge passion of his and he’s going to convince you to do one with him. Once he’s convinced you of one, he will most likely convince you to go for your trifecta. I don’t even know how many he’s earned at this point and yes, we are making stops for his races as we travel!
- Home… The one where we both grew up and most recently sold the house and the cars from is in the Pacific Northwest. The Seattle, Washington state area to be more exact.
- We belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints (LDS), or you might be more familiar with our better known nickname… We are Mormons. Taylor grew up LDS, but I did not. I chose to be baptized when I was 20, that choice marks one of the happiest moments of my life. I have never looked back. So hey, if you didn’t know any before… Now you know some Mormons! If you ever have questions, we’re your peeps!